Sunday, January 11, 2009

One of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World!

Surprise!!! Bob and I went to the Grand Canyon. We went spur of the moment and stayed in a lodge across the street from the South rim. It was an 8 hour drive from our house. We arrived on Thursday, New Years day around 4:30PM. We stopped at the first view point before it got too dark to see anything. It was cold and there was snow on the ground but the roads were clear. The next day we bundled up and went to the rim and walked around and watched some of the tourists hike. The trail was very slippery so we elected not to hike, but our initial intention was to hike for about 30-60 minutes then turn around. This was my first trip to that beautiful place. Bob has been there three times now. We are going to definitely go back, and hopefully this year. I want to ride a mule down, and not because I don't want to hike but because I want the experience of it and the ability to look at the splendor of the canyon in a different manner. There have been no humans involved in mule accidents so I think I'll be okay!

It was snowing the day we left and we could not see the roads down to the freeway, which was about 50 miles.

We thought this should be the first of a goal of going to visit the 7 wonders of the world, however, there are now like 42 wonders of the world depending on what category you want. At any rate we were just happy to go and visit such a great natural beauty that is within driving distance.


Enjoy the slide show!

1 comment:

Las Lunas said...

Whose that skinny hot mama hanging on dad's arm??!! Better not let mom find out dad's running around with one of the P&G models!!