Monday, January 18, 2010

Too Long------

It's been almost one year! Guess I'm not a true "blogger". I do have excuses and not reasons but we won't get into that. I'm not into "New Years Resolutions" but I committed to blogging better in 2010! We'll see.

In June Bob and I went to Utah to meet my dad and my brother! I had not seen my dad in 15 years and my brother in 27 years. Very sad, but we won't let that happen again. Do you see the resemblance in the slide pictures?

We had a great family vacation in Hawaii, 16 of us there! It was awesome and we're glad our entire family made it. The sad thing is we don't have one picture of all of us together!

September Bob and I went on a Western Mediterranean cruise. We had a great time. The best vacation ever just the two of us! Everything was perfect and all the excursions were worth the expense. We were tired when we got home and have lots of wonderful memories. For the first couple of weeks when we got home, Bob would say, "we would be departing Barcelona right now" or "we would be docking in France right now". It was a priceless vacation and I'm so glad we followed through with it. After Hawaii I contemplated canceling the cruise but we decided to just "go for it".

Thanksgiving was spent home, just the two of us. That was the first ever! WE had a cozy traditional dinner. I committed to work a retail job with a friend from church for the "holiday season". I had a good time and of course spent more money on clothes than I earned. I would definitely do it again!

Christmas was a blast. All of the family came to California and spent the holidays with us. For two weeks we had someone at the house. For about 5 days we had our entire family with us. It was great to see all seven of the grand kids. Heather made them all matching pajama pants. They were adorable. Jason even had a pair that matched that he has had since his mission! We were so tired when everyone left and also sick! It has taken Bob two weeks to start getting his strength back.
But---- Christmas with 16 people was not meant to be. During 2010 we will be blessed with 2 additional grand kids. They come fast, we started with one, then jumped to 4, then we had 7 and by the middle of September we will be at 9!

Keep looking at my blog, I am committed to blog more frequently than last year! That won't be a difficult task since I only blogged once during 2009.

Enjoy, Jill and Bob.





1 comment:

Moose and Family said...

Wow, Mom!!! You're awesome!! Thanks for the post and sharing your pictures. Hope to see you guys soon!